Updated- Effective Feb 17th, 2020
The “Tribe” refers to selected individuals that can engage with your content on a regular basis. The “Field” refers to the global collection of expressions from all individuals on the platform. The tribe is a smaller micro community within the larger community selected for users based on a series of variables intended to measure connection and compatibility.
Anonymity is 100% maintained to insure authentic expression for the community of explorers: no selfies or identifying name IDs are permitted. No spam content or self-promotion is permitted.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address and or mobile number when you register for a Vybe Life account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, journal entries and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Vybe Life. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- We use analytics tools to help us measure and keep track of engagement. In order to send the User their “Emotional Compass”, information on User app usage is collected and analyzed and then reported back to the User for their own personal use and analysis.
- We may also provide suggestions to companies and products that may benefit the user based on the collected data.
Log file information
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Vybe Life.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- Develop and test new products and features
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
- Automatically update the Vybe Life application on your device
- Vybe Life or other Users may run contests, special offers or other events or activities ("Events") on the Service.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your personal information to third parties outside VybeLife (or the group of companies of which Vybe Life is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Vybe Life is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos.
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party sponsorship partners. This information would allow third-party networks to, among other things, deliver targeted content that we believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Vybe Life, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Vybe Life, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Vybe Life, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Vybe Life make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
6. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Vybe Life does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
7. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
8. HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of a Vybe Life User, please contact us. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information; we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
9. RIGHTS UNDER EU LAW
This section provides information on your rights under EU law (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway).
Vybe Life is the data controller for your Personal Data. To find out our registered office, please see our Contact Us page.
Subject to EU law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
Right of access
If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
Right to rectification
If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
Right to erasure
You may ask us to erase your Personal Data in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it or you withdraw your consent (where applicable). If we shared your data with others, where and when possible we will alert them to the need for erasure. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data with so you can contact them directly.
Right to restrict processing
You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Right to object
You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
If we are relying on a legitimate interest (described under the “How We Store Your Data” section above) to process your Personal Data -- unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing; or if we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing.
Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling
You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of your Personal Data, including profiling, unless this is necessary in relation to a contract between you and us or you provide your explicit consent to this use.
Right to withdraw consent
If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing of your data that has already taken place.
Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority
If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
You may contact us to exercise your rights.
10. NOTABLE DETAILS REGARDING DATA COLLECTION AS IT APPLIES TO “USER GENERATED CONTENT” AS A CONSEQUENCE OF OUR UNIQUE PEER TO PEER ANONYMITY RULES OF ENGAGEMENT.
Vybe Life is a unique platform incorporating strict rules of engagement around created and posted user-generated content. Peer to peer anonymity is applied to all sharing of user-generated content within and expressed outside of the platform. We’ve facilitated the sharing of individual user expressions and related content with the intention of raising the collective consciousness of both the community and the planet at large. Given our Anonymity protocol and requirement, although any content posted or expressed on the Vybe Life platform may be tethered back to the originating user profile as required to facilitate individuated feedback and best practice for curated content once expressed into the community all user-generated content becomes disassociated from the source author and may be shared, commented on or repurposed by any user within the Vybe Life community of co-creators and or expressed externally.